Career for all rounders interested in both metal and electrics.
- Metalworking, machining of metals, non-ferrous metals and plastics.
- Designing, installing and checking electric and electronic circuits, controls and switches.
- Installing and commissioning electric and electropneumatic systems and controls.
- Programming PLC (programmable logic controllers)
- Working with electronic measuring equipment
- Commissioning machinery, testing facilities and systems.
How is the apprenticeship course structured at RATIONAL?
The foundation part of the apprenticeship takes place in our training workshop. There you will learn skills in metalworking, electrical engineering, electropneumatics and control technology. These basic skills are then expanded on in the component factory, inner enclosure production, assembly stations and appliance dispatch.
- Apprenticeship period: 3 ½ years
- Vocational school: Landsberg, classroom work in block sessions
The examination is divided into two parts: Part 1 of the final examination is completed in the second year of the apprenticeship, part 2 at the end of the apprenticeship after 3 ½ years. Part 2 of the final examination involves producing a "company order".
What can we offer you?
On the job training from the very first day.
- Attractive apprenticeship allowances
- 38 hours a week
- 30 days holiday (working days a year)
- ca. 70 % holiday pay
- ca. 100 % Christmas bonus
- Tax-free travel allowance
- Payments to employees' savings schemes
- Meal allowances
- Occupational clothing including cleaning (for industrial professions only)
Industrial mechanic apprenticeship
"You receive an excellent preparation for your future career path at RATIONAL. RATIONAL emphasises the importance of developing your own skills, teamwork skills and of learning how to work independently on your own initiative."
Questions on how to apply.
When? How? What?
After the application?
As soon as we have received your application, we will send you a confirmation of receipt to confirm that we have received everything we need from you.
If we think you are suitable, we will invite you to an interview in Autumn and our applicant day. This allows you to get to know the company and we can meet you.
We would be delighted to answer any questions about our products and RATIONAL.+44 1582 480388 Callback service Contact us
If you have any application questions, you can call upon the experience of our RATIONAL master chefs 365 days a year.
VarioCookingCenter®+44 7017 343287
SelfCookingCenter® and CombiMaster® Plus+44 7743 389863 Contact us
You will find your RATIONAL dealer in its vicinity when you either type in your postal code or your city.
Please enter your location:
A dense service network of qualified RATIONAL Service Partners is available to you around the clock. Find your local RATIONAL Service Partner:Contact us