Industrial engineering dual study programme - Life Cycle Catering.
The all-rounder in the nutrition industry.
As part of the thematically broad-based study programme focussing on business you will familiarise yourself with interesting task areas and solutions in the industry. You will be handling both business administration and technical content:
- Business administration: Management of finance, marketing, HR, logistics and sales as well as market & value creation and the principles of logistics & procurement
- Technology: Raw materials, production and value creation, catering management, production & appliance technology, commercial kitchen planning, environment & technology
- Connecting modules: Culinary arts, design and sensor technology, project & data management, product and services development
Within the company, we have adapted the training plan of your course content and you will apply and expand on the theoretical knowledge acquired in practice. This will provide you with well-grounded training throughout the value chain and you will be able to use this in the sales and marketing areas.
How is the study course structured at RATIONAL?
The training course always begins in the winter semester. You will complete your internship with us in Product Development, Product Management and in Sales. You will undertake the theoretical portion at our partner university.
- Apprenticeship period: 4 years
- University/vocational school: Hochschule Fulda
- Qualifications: Bachelor of Science
What do you learn at RATIONAL in the practical in-company learning stages?
- Specific industrial customer and product skills
- Project management methods
- Entrepreneurial thinking and acting
- Corporate philosophy, structure and culture
What can we offer you?
- 38 hours a week and statutory holiday entitlement
- Attractive training allowances
- ca. 70 % holiday pay
- ca. 100 % Christmas bonus
- Tax-free travel allowance
- Payments to employees' savings schemes
- Meal allowances
- Occupational clothing including cleaning (for technical study courses only)
Mechatronics study course, Bachelor of Engineering
"I've been studying mechatronics since 2013. The company's philosophy impressed me from the very beginning which is why I enrolled for the dual study programme straight after completing my mechatronics apprenticeship. In the semester holidays, I'm assigned to exciting projects where I am allowed to take independent decisions. The colleagues do not see me as a student but as a fully-fledged employee. I can talk on the same level with my friendly colleagues and bosses. Team building sessions with other students and other events make the course really enjoyable."
Questions on how to apply.
When? How? What?
After the application?
As soon as we have received your application, we will send you a confirmation of receipt to confirm that we have received everything we need from you.
If we think you are suitable, we will invite you to an interview in Autumn and our applicant day. This allows you to get to know the company and we can meet you.
We would be delighted to answer any questions about our products and RATIONAL.+44 1582 480388 Callback service Contact us
If you have any application questions, you can call upon the experience of our RATIONAL master chefs 365 days a year.
VarioCookingCenter®+44 7017 343287
SelfCookingCenter® and CombiMaster® Plus+44 7743 389863 Contact us
You will find your RATIONAL dealer in its vicinity when you either type in your postal code or your city.
Please enter your location:
A dense service network of qualified RATIONAL Service Partners is available to you around the clock. Find your local RATIONAL Service Partner:Contact us