The profession for the gourmet with a strong passion for food and its preparation.
- Learning of kitchen processes, e.g. different cooking methods
- Preparation of meals for the community catering and for the à la carte
- Product presentation in the guest room
- Apply hygiene rules
- Cost control, merchandise management and kitchen organization
How is the apprenticeship course structured at RATIONAL?
The apprenticeship takes place in our company restaurants. There you will learn, among other things, the different types of cuts and classic ways of preparation as well as the creation of buffets and menus. This basic knowledge is deepened in our training center and at our training partner.
- Apprenticeship period: 3 years
- Vocational school: Munich, classroom work in block sessions
The examination is divided into two parts: Part 1 of the final examination is completed in the second year of the apprenticeship, part 2 at the end of the apprenticeship after 3 years. As part 2 of the final examination, you will create a 3-course menu.
What can we offer you?
On the job training from the very first day.
- Attractive apprenticeship allowances
- 38 hours a week
- 30 days holiday (working days a year)
- ca. 70 % holiday pay
- ca. 100 % Christmas bonus
- Tax-free travel allowance
- Payments to employees' savings schemes
- Meal allowances
- Occupational clothing including cleaning (for industrial professions only)
We would be delighted to answer any questions about our products and RATIONAL.+44 1582 480388 Callback service Contact us
If you have any application questions, you can call upon the experience of our RATIONAL master chefs 365 days a year.
VarioCookingCenter®+44 7017 343287
SelfCookingCenter® and CombiMaster® Plus+44 7743 389863 Contact us
You will find your RATIONAL dealer in its vicinity when you either type in your postal code or your city.
Please enter your location:
A dense service network of qualified RATIONAL Service Partners is available to you around the clock. Find your local RATIONAL Service Partner:Contact us